Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Words Matter: Week 1/Day 2

Read: Proverbs 12:18 & Proverbs 18:21

SOAP: Proverbs 18:21


There is one who speaks rashly like the piercing of a sword, But the tongue of the wise heals.

S: Death and life are in the power of the tongue; Those who love it will eat its fruit.



O&A: These verses are reminding me of a popular meme: Before you speak, THINK. Is is True? Helpful? Inspiring? Necessary? Kind? Sure, sometimes there are things we must say that are hard, but we can still choose a more loving way of communicating.





P: Abba, my beloved Father, I am so convicted by Your word. All I can hear as I read today's verses are my words towards my sons... Whether it's nagging for chores to be completed, classes worked on, or calling their behavior into correction, I realize that I have not kept Your guard over my tongue, nor have I respected Your boundaries for how far to go with them in correction and direction. I have lost my patience, but failed to take on YOUR patience. Just because it's not all the time that this happens doesn't make it anymore pleasing to you. Abba, I want the fruit that I eat to be pleasing to You, no matter how it may taste to me, though I would like to be able to enjoy it! I feel that You are also calling me to consider what kind of fruit I am serving to my family, to my family of faith, and to the world that You send me out to. May I present them with the fruit of YOUR spirit, that they would desire to taste and see how good You are. B'shem Yeshua, Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment