Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Words Matter: Week 1/Day 3



Read: Matthew 12:33-37; Matthew 15:17-18;Luke 6:45

SOAP: Luke 6:45





S: The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings out that which is good, and the evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings out that which is evil, for out of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaks.

O&A: Moment of truth. W
hat are we storing up as treasure in our hearts? “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in or steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." -Matthew 6:19-21 It continues on to speak about the eye being the lamp of the body. What we look at, listen to, participate in... it all stores up in our hearts as treasure, whether it is good or bad. We are to guard our gates, and understand that it means our eyes, our ears, and what we let into our minds, for those feed into what comes out of us (Prov 4:23).





P: Abba, beloved Father, Teach me to have better guard over what I let in, help me to establish proper boundaries for all that I do, in conversations, ministry, teaching, serving, and helping around my home. Messiah is my treasure, and I want my testimony to point to Him and not be muddled with all the cares of this world. Give me wisdom in how to react, respond, and communicate with those around me. Help me to purge the bad treasure, and to store up Your treasures in my heart. In Yeshua's name, Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment