Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, August 5, 2019

Words Matter: Week 1/Day 1


Read: Genesis 1:1-3; Matthew 24:35; 1 Peter 1:24-25

SOAP:Matthew 24:35



S: Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 



O&A: I'm a little bit blown away by this, because Heaven and Earth were created by Abba (In the beginning G-d created the heavens and the eretz.)... We see that something created by Him will pass away, yet His words will never pass away. 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with G-d, and the Word was G-d. 

The same was in the beginning with G-d.
All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn't overcome it. (John 1:1-5

The first thing scripture shows us He spoke was, "G-d said, "Let there be light," and there was light." We know that one day we will not need the sun and moon for light, yet He created those also. "And night shall be no more, and they shall have no need of a lamp or the light of the sun, because יהוה Elohim shall give them light. And they shall reign forever and ever." (Rev. 22:5


I feel like I could just unbox this for days! How careful must we be over our words! Scripture says we can bless AND curse, speak life AND death.. So CHOOSE you this day which it shall be...







P: Avinu Malkeinu, our Father, and our King, I pray that I would be more diligent and more intentional in choosing blessing and life rather than cursing and death with my words. Help me to understand how my words not only affect me, but those around me, those I speak to, those that I speak about... Depending on how I speak about a person, it could change someone else's view of that person. Help me to speak Your truth in love, and with boldness, and to also know when to keep my a bridle on my lips. Let Your word be true, and everlasting. B'shem Yeshua, Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment