Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

LGG: Promises of G-d ~ Week 1, Day 2

Read & SOAP:Joshua 1:9S: Haven't I commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; don't be afraid, neither be dismayed: for the L-RD your G-d is with you wherever you go.





O&A: This is an incredible passage, and applicable to us all. Haven't I commanded or commissioned you? Don't dread, nor be broken down with fear... The last part is what has gripped me. The last word is yalak (yä·lak') יָלַךְ These are the ways the word is used in Scripture:
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
to go, walk, come
(Qal)
to go, walk, come, depart, proceed, move, go away
to die, live, manner of life (fig.)
(Hiphil) to lead, bring, lead away, carry, cause to walk

So I am looking at it like this: "for the L-RD your G-d is with you wherever you go", or wherever He leads, wherever He causes me to walk, however I live, in every manner of life... Maybe I'm reading to much into this, but He is really gripping my heart right now and causing conviction. Am I really going everywhere He leads me? Or am I like a naughty horse nipping at the bridle because I want to go a different direction? It's like I'm (at times, not always) saying, "Okay, Master, You want me to go do the things I like? Alright, let's go!", but then saying, "Oh Master, I do not want to go there... so I will tarry. I will delay... I will make You wait on me, rather than I wait upon You. I will make what You are asking of me more difficult..." 

(here's my rabbit trail...) 
Looking at Yeshua's example, He was honest and transparent with Abba, and Scripture says, "He went forward a little, fell on his face, and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me; nevertheless, not what I desire, but what you desire." (Matthew 26:29

Joshua was being commissioned as leader of the Israelites, as Moshe had died, just as Yeshua was being commissioned as our Kohen haGadol, our High Priest. They both had a heavy commission placed upon them, and both faced it bravely, without fear. Oh, I want to be more like Yeshua! 



P: Avinu Malkeinu, our Father, and our G-d, I thank You for the commission You've given each of us as members of Your body. I pray, Abba, that we would continue to seek Your face, and seek Your will in our lives, our actions, our thoughts, and words... that everywhere we go, we would remember that You are with us, in fact You are IN us! Everything we see, You see, everything we hear, You hear, and as our Rabbi put it this past Shabbat, "What are we exposing our Messiah to by our lives?" If I am truly to be more like Yeshua, I've got to withdraw from some things, and be given over entirely to Your purpose, spending my time where You desire it be spent, speaking the words You desire me to speak, and living the way You desire, and created me, to live. I pray that I am able to please You in this. In Yeshua's name, Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment