Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

LGG: Jonah - Love the Loveless Week 2/Day 2

Read: Jonah 2:3-4SOAP: Psalm 31:22

S: As for me, I said in my haste, "I am cut off from before your eyes." Nevertheless you heard the voice of my petitions when I cried to you."



 In the fourth watch of the night Yeshua came to them, walking on the sea. When the talmidim saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, "It's a ghost!" and they cried out for fear.
But immediately Yeshua spoke to them, saying "Cheer up! I AM! Don't be afraid." Peter answered him and said, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the waters."
He said, "Come!" Peter stepped down from the boat, and walked on the waters to come to Yeshua.
But when he saw that the wind was strong, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Yeshua stretched out his hand, took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" 
-Gospel of Matthew, chapter 14

O&A: We are not alone in wondering if we've been forgotten when we go through hard times. We are also not alone in the fact that He WILL answer us when we call! HalleluYah! Jonah was in the depths, the heart of the sea; the boat Peter was on was in the middle of the sea, also. 

[Jonah: For you threw me into the depths, In the heart of the seas. The flood was all around me. All your waves and your billows passed over me.]
[Peter: But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, distressed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.]
Really amazing to me is that the Hebrew word for heart (as in the heart of the seas) is לֵבָב lêbâb, lay-bawb', which can be translated as the seat of will and purpose, or intellect and wisdom; the seat of the senses, affections, and emotions of the mind; the soul, life; the heart; the midst. So while Yonah was in the belly of the fish, in the heart of the sea, his own heart was being dealt with by Elohim. I personally notice that often when I've rebelled against Abba, He allows me to be consumed in order for me to recognize my rebellion so that I will make my choice - cry out to Him in my despair, or continue to turn away?? 

Consider this: doesn't His word say that He would rather us be hot or cold? That if we are lukewarm, He will spew us out. I know I'm ahead of the study throwing that out there, but He was giving Yonah the opportunity to show whether he would be hot or cold. Which of course makes me consider MY heart, and MY temperature. This study is not just about Yonah, but about how I must be changed for Abba's glory and perfection. It's so much easier to say, "Oh, Yonah, how could you do that? I would never..." 
But that wouldn't be true.

I spent most of my life running from God, all the while proclaiming to love Him and serve Him. I can't even begin to number the amount of times and situations I sought refuge FROM God, instead of finding refuge IN HIM. Even in my strongest times, and during minor trials, I have asked Him, "Are you sure? Won't this overtake me?" And still, just like Kefa/Peter and walking on the water, "But when he saw that the wind was strong, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Yeshua stretched out his hand, took hold of him, and said to him, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"


P: Avinu Malkeinu, our Father and our King, Your righteousness is astounding. Thank You for not having selective hearing, as I sometimes do. Thank You for hearing my cries immediately, even if it's not time for the answer to be revealed. I seek Your forgiveness for every matter that You've called me to that I have run from, for every word you've asked me to speak and I've said, "Huh? What's that, Abba? Are you sure?" Your love is so great, and I fail. Abba, change my heart during this study, so that I seek Your will and Your heart far greater than I seek my own, or even someone else's. I want to burn hotter and hotter for You, so that if I be consumed, it is by YOU! In Yeshua's name, I give You praise and thanks, Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment