Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

LGG: Jonah - Love the Loveless Week 1/Day 1

Read:Jonah 1:1-3SOAP: Psalm 139:7-10


S: Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in She'ol, behold, you are there! If I take the wings of the dawn, And settle in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there your hand will lead me, And your right hand will hold me.



O&A: God's Ruach ha Kodesh/Holy Spirit is EVERYWHERE. It is in the shamayim/heavens, and in She'ol/the grave or pit... As I read 'the wings of the dawn', I see a wonderful vision of a sunrise over the ocean, over a lake, over a countryside, and the view stretches from side to side, covering the entire expanse that my eyes can take in. This passage is telling us we can ascend to the highest of highs, the lowest of lows, as far to left or right, and even in the middle of nowhere, we are never hidden from Adonai. One way of looking at it, too, is where it says, "If I make my bed in She'ol" which is often translated as the grave, then one could even understand that even in death, when 'we are removed out of the sight of all living, yet not out of the sight of the living God; from his eye we cannot hide ourselves in the grave.' (Matthew Henry's commentary; exactly what I wanted to say but he says it in a much better manner). 

I see in this passage opposites and contradictions; heaven and hell, up and down, left and right, east and west north and south - the extremities of the earth; morning and its opposite, night, too. For if we see the the wings of the dawn, what does dawn follow? The night sky. So even in the darkness, as well as the light, He is there, just as in the beginning when He said "Let there be light" and there was, and then He separated light from the dark... I cannot say it enough... HE is there.

We can flee from people we know, from the places we've lived our whole lives, and escape to a place where we are virtually unknown and STILL He sees us. Still He knows us. Still He is with us. So on that note, let me say this: If Adonai is with me everywhere I go, should I maybe take heed on where I go, knowing that He comes with me? If He is always with me, should I consider my words, my thoughts, my deeds at all times? May He be praised! And may He be praised in me doing so, to bring Him glory.



P: Avinu malkeinu, our Father and our King, I bless You and thank You for Your faithfulness. I remain in wonder that You would call one such as me to be Your own, and I am thankful that You called me to You, and I can rest in You. You know I was like, have been like, and sometimes still AM like Yonah, trying to run from Your calling, and just like Yonah, You are with me wherever I go. Abba, I once again ask Your forgiveness and turn back to You. You know better than I do. You are such a merciful God, showing kindness to us, even as You see where we go, what we do, how we treat others, how we treat YOU. Have mercy upon us as we continue to follow Your path, and remain with us, Abba, as we study Your word, and we study Your character, and as we study Your Son, Yeshua, so that we can live better lives... lives according to Your master plan. In Yeshua's name, Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment