Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

LGG: Truth Over Lies - Week 2 Friday

SOAP: Isaiah 43:25; 1 John 1:9

S: (1)I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake; and I will not remember your sins. 
 



(2)If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


O&A: This is really wonderful. "I, even I," (this is the Most High speaking... capable of all things)

"am he who blots out your trangressions" - rebellion/sin/transgression/trespass - פֶּשַׁע [pesha] which is a very similar word to the word that is translated as Passover [פֶּסַח] It is also used in Leviticus 16:16, when Aharon/Aaron makes atonement for for the Holy Place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Yisra'el, and because of their transgressions, even all their sins; and so he shall do for the Tent of Meeting, that dwells with them in the midst of their uncleanness. Also used in Leviticus 16:20-22 "When he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the Tent of Meeting, and the altar, he shall present the live goat. Aharon shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Yisra'el, and all their transgressions, even all their sins; and he shall put them on the head of the goat, and shall send him away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who is in readiness. The goat shall carry all their iniquities on himself to a solitary land, and he shall let the goat go in the wilderness.

"for my own sake" - for my sake- vindicating My name

"I will not remember" - no longer bring to mind; no longer contemplate things called back to memory

"your sins" - the Hebrew word for this means a sin offering, can also be known as a purification offering. It is seen especially throughout the Torah/first 5 books of instruction. This offering is brought during or after atonement for those transgressions that had been committed inadvertently, or in ignorance: intentional transgressions could only be absolved by other forms of atonement, or in severe cases kareth. It was distinct from the biblical guilt offering.

In the second passage, what stands out to me is that God/Elohim is faithful and righteous to not only FORGIVE, but also to CLEANSE us from all unrighteousness/sins. All sin requires the shedding of blood, and in our case, it's the blood of Messiah that atones for our sins. Hebrews 9:22 "Indeed, according to the Torah, almost everything is metohar (purified) by dahm (blood), and without a kapporah (cover) by means of shefach dahm (the shedding of blood) there is no selicha (forgiveness)."

Long story, short (is it too late for that?)... He has covered us by the blood of the Lamb, our Messiah Yeshua, to atone for our sins. He has forgiven us, and will no longer contemplate things called back to memory.. So why do I allow myself to be bogged down with the things I did when I was a totally different person?!? Before I was made new by the blood of Messiah?!? HalleluYah for His redemption and covering and atonement, and that He doesn't hold these things against us. When Yeshua would tell a person, "Go, and sin no more", it became up to that individual to no longer repeat their transgression, and so it is with me. I think sometimes I must have a guilty conscience from doing things that maybe I know I shouldn't be doing, and therefore giving haSatan a foothold in my life.





P: Abba, there are either no words to speak, or so many I can't get to them all. I am in awe of Your love for me, and in love with the sacrifice You made. I know I get so long-winded sometimes in my study, but it's only to dig into the meaning of Your Word. Abba, You are enough. The blood of Yeshua is enough. I will not shrink back in fear of who I used to be, knowing that I am covered in the atoning blood of Your Son, my Messiah. I am thankful. In Yeshua's name, Amein.


No comments:

Post a Comment