Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

LGG: Truth Over Lies - Week 1 Friday

SOAP: Psalm 119:11



S: I have hidden your word in my heart, That I might not sin against you.

O&A: I really love this "received the word with all readiness of the mind, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so." (Acts 17:11) As for the SOAP ver
se, it comes to mind that the heart is desperately wicked, who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9) But Abba knows our hearts(Jeremiah 17:10). He knows that there is wickedness that lies within the hearts of men. So if we hide/treasure/guard His word in our heart, in our innermost place that is described as being wicked, it makes me think that just as light penetrates darkness, His Word will penetrate the wickedness that is evident within us. (John 1:5; 1 John 1:5) We must study, discern, rightfully divide His word, according to the Scriptures, so that we are not led astray by our own understanding, but see, discern, and understand through Abba's eyes.





P: Avinu Malkeinu, our Father and our King, You are above all, and worthy of all praise and honor. Abba, I have been delinquent in truly treasuring Your word in my heart, yet I yearn to do so. I understand the apostle who said he does what he doesn't want to do, but doesn't do that which he ought! I am so thankful for the sisters You have allowed in my life, that they speak words of chai/life, and ahava/love... words of shalom/peace, and words of chesed/lovingkindness. Mold me, Abba, to be the daughter You wish me to be, obedient, loving, and a lover of Your instruction, correction, and an encourager to those You send me to. Help me to rightfully hide Your word in my heart to pierce the darkness, to obliterate the wickedness. I love You, my King, and desire to please and serve You. In Yeshua's name, Amein.

No comments:

Post a Comment