Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 3 ~ Day 2 - Growing Through Prayer

GROWING THROUGH PRAYER (A 'LOVING GOD GREATLY' BIBLE STUDY)


January 26, 2016
Week 3 ~ Day 2



Read: Isaiah 6:1-6
SOAP: Isaiah 6:5




www.slideshare.net
S:
“Then I said, "Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of Hosts!"





O&A:
Undone (or ruined): to be cut off, to perish

Unclean lips (or defiled): impure, unclean – could be profane words, futile/foolish words, loquacious person – continual talking, noisy, blab secrets

My eyes have seen the King: to see the face of YHVH; to be admitted to behold YHVH, a privilege conferred to very few mortals.  It was commonly considered that this could not be done without peril of life

LORD of Hosts: leader of an army, host of heaven
יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah
צָבָא tsaba'


Isaiah began with, “Woe is me!”  It’s a passionate cry of despair, also described as a howling cry or lamentation!  He recognized the unclean state he was in, according to the standard of YHVH, the King.  He saw the King in all His glory, and lived to tell of it.  He entered into the King’s presence defiled, and when he came out, his sin was heavy on him, causing him to cry out, “Woe is me!” 

www.slideshare.net
My initial thoughts of “unclean lips” are words of profanity, aka curse words.  However, upon closer inspection, I’d have to say it goes even beyond that.  Consider how here in the U.S. we can say something that we wouldn’t consider profane, but in the U.K. it would be considered a great defamation (or vice versa).  Just because the Bible doesn’t say you shouldn’t say “this” word or “that” word (particularly words that didn’t exist in Biblical times) doesn’t make it un-profane.  So then by whose standard do we hold to on what is considered profane or not?  Could only be by YHVH’s standard.

But let’s go just a bit deeper.  What about idle words?  Matthew 12:36, “I tell you that every idle word that men speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.”  That means every unprofitable word.  One of the meanings for the word ‘unclean’ in this passage is “impure, unclean”, could be futile words, or foolish words.  Strong’s concordance says of the word ‘lips’, “a man of lips, used in a bad sense of a loquacious  garrulous person”, and “futile, foolish words”. 



I had to look up loquacious
1. Talkative; given to continual talking.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/27/4a/3e/274a3efc25ee1ad3cedc2799fc1f43a5.jpg
2. Speaking; noisy.
3. Apt to blab and disclose secrets.



thereforenow.com







https://www.pinterest.com/source/scripturepaper.com
In verses 6-7, Isaiah says that a serafim touched a hot coal, or a baking stone, to his lips and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin forgiven."    The penalty for sin, the guilt contracted by sinning, was then removed!  How glorious!  A type and shadow of our Messiah Yeshua’s atonement for us, once we’ve seen the sin that we’re in, and cry out for His redemption!  Rather than taking the punishment ourselves (that hot baking stone to the sensitive skin of our lips), Yeshua took it for us, and suffered the pain that we were due.   Also, it stands out that the coal/stone was taken from the altar in the shamayim/heaven, which is from where the serafim flew.



P:

https://www.facebook.com/Faith.Grace.Torah/?fref=ts
Abba, my Elohim!  Woe is me!  I also have been defiled and am in need of Your cleansing.  Forgive me, I pray, for idle words, and for idle ways that go against Your glory and against Your standard.  Abba, teach me to honor You and not go against You in thought, word, or deed, but instead to bring You honor and glory in all that I say and do; that You would be reflected even in my thoughts.  I have been guilty of defiling Your temple, and I ask that You would cleanse me!  As Your word says, Lest they see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And return and be healed.”  Shuwb rapha’!  Return and be healed!  Father, I pray You would forgive me!  Every day of this study, I am finding new ways to praise You, and to thank You for Your forgiveness; new ways that I am seeing Your provisions and Your perfection!  New heights to elevate You in my life, and new depths that remain undiscovered to me.  I can’t even imagine Your kingdom, or how wonderful and incredible to be in Your physical presence!  In Yeshua’s name, Amein!



No comments:

Post a Comment