Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

LGG: Jonah - Love the Loveless Week 1/Day 3

Read: Jonah 1:7-12SOAP: 1 John 2:4-6

S: One who says, "I know him," and doesn't keep his mitzvot, is a liar, and the truth isn't in him. But whoever keeps his word, God's love has most assuredly been perfected in him. This is how we know that we are in him: he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk                                   just like he walked.

O&A: I once lived a life of a "believer". I believed, yet I didn't keep the mitzvot/the commandments. I was a liar, and the truth was not in me. I had to learn (the hard way, of course) that being religious is not the same as being a Yeshua follower. Verse 3 says, "This is how we know that we know him: if we keep his mitzvot." Mitzvot being commandment, meaning a prescribed rule in accordance with which a thing is done; of the precepts of Jewish tradition: universally, of the commandments of God. It amazed me that I was supposed to DO something, LIVE it out, not just SAY I was something. Yonah SAID he was a Hebrew and that he feared the LORD, but he wasn't LIVING like that. He was a liar, and the truth was not in him. The same goes for me. 


Even the men who were on the ship knew Yonah's actions had put them in grave danger. "Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said to him, "What is this that you have done?" For the men knew that he was fleeing from the presence of the LORD, because he had told them." This is the moment I can still see: I AM YONAH. Does my walk always line up with my talk? Or am I just blustering? Am I Beth, or am I God's? If I am running from God's decree, I am serving myself. If I put my desires aside and do as I am commanded, I am honoring Elohim, King of the Universe. How many times must I defy Him and be swallowed by the fish, and die to myself? (As many times as it takes to submit fully to Adonai.) (And to skip ahead here, sorry, but I don't want to forget this: When Elohim vomits Yonah out onto the shore, remember what Adonai says He will do if we are lukewarm... He will spew us out if we are neither hot nor cold.)


P: Mighty Elohim, King of the Universe, Your word says we are to keep Your mitzvot, that we are to take up our execution stake/cross DAILY and follow Yeshua. We are to constantly deny our selves so that we are free to serve You, our one Master. I thank You for the breath in my lungs this morning that I am proclaiming Your glory, honor, and power with! I thank You and praise You that no matter how faithFUL or how faithLESS I am, YOU ARE STILL IN CONTROL! YOU ARE STILL ON THE THRONE! However, I desire to serve You better, no, I desire to serve You with my BEST. (Good, better, best, never let it rest, til your good gets better, and your better gets BEST!) You are worthy of all that I have to offer, and even more. Thank You, Abba, thank You! In Yeshua's name, Amein

No comments:

Post a Comment