Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, February 2, 2018

James Study: Week 3 ~ Friday

James 4:7-12
SOAP: James 4:7-8




S: Be subject therefore to God. But resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.






O&A: Ermagersh. Verses 11 & 12 really hit me. But on to 7-8
I love this definition of resist: set yourself against. Set yourself against the adversary. As for flee, which is what ha Satan will do: seek safety by flight. HalleluYah! When we set ourselves against the adversary, he will seek safety by flight!!! Isn't that amazing?!? Because he knows he is not safe in Your presence, Abba. He is not kadosh/holy/set-apart unto You. We are able to run to You and BE safe,
but he has to flee from You!

So how do we set ourselves against him? By subjecting ourselves/submitting to Adonai!
I think this goes along with the "be a doer" mentality. We are not asked to be subject, nor are we requested to resist the devil... It is stated very matter-of-factly: DO this.



 

P: Abba, You are awesome and amazing! I had not ever looked at these verses in this manner before, and I just stand in awe of You and Your power and majesty. I want to be set against ha Satan, and that is only possible by and through you, and so I submit myself unto You, yet again. Your power is unmatched and I count it an honor to call You my master; I only want to be worthy of the calling, and obedient in my service to You. B'shem Yeshua, Amein.




No comments:

Post a Comment