Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, June 9, 2016

David Study: Week 1 - Wednesday



Week 1: Wednesday
June 8, 2016
Read:  Ezekiel 34:15-31

S:  “I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I will cause them to lie down, says the Lord GOD. I will seek that which was lost, and will bring back that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but the fat and the strong I will destroy; I will feed them in justice.”

“You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are men, and I am your Elohim, says Adonai YHVH.”

O&A:  This passage makes me think of Yeshua being the Good Shepherd.  It also brought to mind the verses from yesterday, about David taking the sheep out of a lion and a bear’s mouth… Verse 10 of Ezekiel 34 said, “Thus says Adonai YHVH: Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my sheep at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the sheep; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; and I will deliver my sheep from their mouth, that they may not be food for them.” 

Verse 15 says, “I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I will cause them to lie down, says Adonai YHVH.”  This makes me think of Psalm 23… “YHVH is my shepherd, I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.”

Abba was encouraging us in His word, and in His WORD (Yeshua) that even if we’ve been led astray (scripture mentions every doctrine of man), mistreated, abused, you name it, we’ve probably all been there, He will strengthen us, He will fight for us, He will find us, and He will deal with those who sought to hurt us – HE is our shepherd, and HE is our Elohim/God.  I am so encouraged in this today!!!

There’s a lot more standing out to me, but it’s late in the night.  Hopefully I will be able to document more of it!

P:  Abba, my heart is broken by news I received today, and my emotions are trying to run rampant.  I ask that You take hold of my thoughts when I am too weak to take them captive, and shepherd me.  You are my shepherd, and I long to be comforted by You.  Help me to truly understand through this study why David was a man after Your own heart, so that I might understand Your heart better.  In Yeshua’s name, Amein.



No comments:

Post a Comment