Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Week 2 ~ Day 4 - Growing Through Prayer

Growing Through Prayer (A 'Loving God Greatly' Bible Study)

January 21, 2016
Week 2 ~ Day 4

Read: Ephesians 3:14-16
SOAP: Ephesians 3:14-16

S: 
“For this cause, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, from whom every family in heaven and on eretz is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, that you may be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inward man;”

O&A:
“Is named” is standing out to me above all else in this passage.  In the CJB version, it reads, “receives its character”, and when I looked at the original language usage, it is described as “bears the name of; the one from whom the received name is derived”.  I then saw this: 

{Bride Groom} à gives his name to à [his bride]



We, the believers in YHVH Elohim/God, and His Son, Yeshua the Messiah, are the Bride (of Messiah).  When we take the marriage covenant upon ourselves, we leave mother and father to cling to Him; we take on our Bride Groom’s name, his address, his ways…  We learn of Him, cultivate our intimacy with Him, learn how to Honor Him…  We bear His name and become known as His.

P:
Abba, I had to learn how to become Earl’s wife, and I am still learning how to be Your bride, as well.  Father, I praise You, and desire to know You more and better than ever before.  I want to be worthy of carrying Your name, and that those who see me, and my family, will see You and want to know You.  In Yeshua’s name, Amein. 


No comments:

Post a Comment