Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, December 8, 2014

For Today: Monday, December 8, 2014


Outside my window... It is dark, dark, dark.  I caught a glimpse of the moon this evening when I went to Sprouts, and it was amazing!  Kind of orange-ish, glowing, and looming.  The trees finally turned and are losing their leaves.  It's starting to look cold.

I am thinking... That my apartment complex has lost their ever-lovin' minds!  It's a good thing that we have already purposed to move, because they are raising rent *again*!  They went up $41/month at our last lease renewal, and now want to go up another $43.  This does not include water, trash, etc., so when you add that in, it's an additional $79 total.  No thanks.

I am thankful... To have freedom in my worship, a kahol/mishpocha to worship with; a roof over our heads, food in our pantry and refrigerator; a recent visit with my sister and brother in law, the safe move of a cousin of ours, new life coming into our family again (a cousin's second baby); that my mom did something back in the 90s that will help us out now, Yah willing.  

I'm thankful that, although I miss my middle son so incredibly, that I can look upon the time I had with him as a blessing and not fall into the December trap of despair (he passed away Dec. 30, 2001 of SIDS); that Yah has been instructing me to celebrate life, not mourn endlessly.  It's okay to miss those that we love when they are no longer with us.  It's good to remember them with favor.  

I am praying... That Yah will restore me back to who and how He created me to be- before all of the circumstances that *I* put myself in caused a calloused demeanor/spirit/reaction where there should not have been, or where sensitivities that He gave me were exploited and made me defensive and easily hurt...  He is helping me to see what my purpose is, but I have to look past all that I've ever known, and all that I've ever been.  I'm praying for our sons, that they would be like the seed that takes root and flourishes in His Word and His way, and for my husband (especially the healing of his hand).  I'm praying for Brother Gumpala in India, and his wife, their children (including the one she is carrying), and the kahol there and in Liberia.  I pray that Yah continues to use them in a MIGHTY way!  That He will use US in a mighty way!

I'm also thankful that one of our kahol teens shared this acronym with us this past Shabbat:
P~Praise!  Praise Yah!!
R~Repent!  Repent and enter into His presence with a humble spirit!
A~Ask!  You should now be ready to ask Abba, with meekness.
Y~Yield!  Submit to Yah's authority!

In the kitchen... Dinner tonight was totally thrown together, and I have lost my appetite for it.  It was good according to everyone else, but I just can't bring myself to eat it.  It was supposed to be a veggie fried rice, but I think I'm just sick of mixed vegetables.  I'm looking forward to the 13 bean chili tomorrow night, and delighted in the bean and beef tacos we had last night with homemade tortillas.  They were ridiculously good.

I am wearing... Nothing spectacular.  Some black workout type pants that are loose fitting, a white undershirt with a light grey shirt on top.  My head covering is a pink leopard print and a solid black one to break up the pink.

I am creating... Hmm...  A project schedule for my husband's job.  

I am going... Always going.  I need to take time to slow down in Yah's Word to focus, and the same for everything else I do.  I tend to be spontaneous and easily excitable, and I sometimes rush into things so quickly that I hurt myself... so.. slowing down.  Focusing.  

I am wondering... if Colossians is pronounced kuh-law-shins... kuh-law-see-ins... or maybe like colosseum- kaw-luh-see-ins...  This has been on my mind since we have been... (look at the next one)  :)

I am reading... Colossians 3 everyday, and posting the verse(s) that stand out to me, along with several other sisters.  I wish I had internet names for my friends, but since I don't I shall call the sister that brought this project about Sister... I don't know... Uh.  Hm.  Luckily, she knows who she is, lol.  

I am hoping... To be more of a peace maker.  To be salt and light.  To be a useful tool in my Abba's tool chest.  That my sons would increase their hunger for the Word of Yah.  
I am hoping that as I type this, Abba is speaking to my future daughters in love, that they are setting their hearts to Yah, and He is molding their lives to do His will.  I am praying for our future grandchildren, and against generational curses.  I pray that my husband and I, and our sons and daughters in love will see the day that my grandchildren will say, as Ya'aqob (Jacob) did, that Yah is the El of their father, and their grandfather, and that He has now become *their* El!  HalleluYah!

I am looking forward to... 
I am going to La Madeleine this week with some lady friends of mine, and I'm super duper excited about it!

I am learning... That my thoughts and opinions are not always necessary.  Ouch.  It doesn't mean they aren't valid or important, but not always necessary to be spoken/offered.

Around the house... Getting back to some basics with the kiddos, and as a family in general.  

I am pondering...   

A favorite quote for today... 

One of my favorite things... I've really been enjoying the Capturing December challenge!

A few plans for the rest of the week: 

A peek into my day... All that is above, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment