Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 22, 2018

James Study: Week 2 ~ Monday

James 1:19-21


S: So, then, my beloved brothers, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger; for the anger of man doesn't produce the righteousness of God. Therefore, putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness, receive with humility the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.




O&A: I really feel Abba's love, compassion, and righteousness in these readings. Proverbs 18:13 says, "He who gives answer before he hears, That is folly and shame to him." So if I apply being swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger... then I will be speaking not just less, but I will not speak before considering/hearing out a matter. I can't tell you how many times I've jumped to a conclusion, only to have to go back and say, "I misunderstood, and I apologize." I have often told my sons, "If you don't like to apologize, then you better be mindful that you don't say/do something you'll end up needing to apologize FOR. But it's always good to remain humble, and ready to make apologies." 

On the part where it says, "putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness" really causes me to reflect on how much we've been required (by Abba) to give up/forsake to be His, so that the offerings will be a sweet aroma to His nostrils. Think of how many things and how many times the scriptures say something is a foul stench, or odor to Abba's nostrils, and what does it say are pleasant for Him? 


"Now thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Messiah, and reveals through us the sweet aroma of his knowledge in every place. For we are a sweet aroma of Messiah to God, in those who are saved, and in those who perish; to the one a stench from death to death; to the other a sweet aroma from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?"  2 Corinthians 14-17



We have been called to life more abundant in our Messiah, Yeshua... We are being provoked to go further than we have before.


P: Abba, Avinu Malkeinu, our Father and our King, I surrender to You any and every particle of remaining filth and wickedness that is left in me, in Yeshua's name. You have brought me so far, yet I am still in a struggle, and I acknowledge that I am still truly a work in progress, and though I honestly yearn to be the completed work, I realize that as I am now is part of Your plan for me. I submit to You, Adonai, and desire to continue to be changed by You, for Your purpose, how You see fit. I am so thankful that Your ways are higher than mine, and Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts, because You know the end from the beginning, while I stand here on the stepping stone I'm currently inhabiting, awaiting Your voice to step forward to the next stone. I get impatient, and I get frustrated, and I get so wrapped up in what I see around me, so Abba, I pray that I would remember to keep my eyes on You so I won't begin to sink. Also, in accordance to the scripture we focused on today, I ask that You would really inscribe Your word on my heart... not the stone tablets, but this heart of flesh, so that it will remain. In Yeshua's mighty name, Amein.




No comments:

Post a Comment